Re: User friendly labels for Schema.org types and properties

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Wallis,Richard <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>
wrote:

>  Martin is right about the rdfs:label being used to generate the
> documentation.
>
>  However Sachini also has a point about user-friendly names.
>
>  Potentially it would not be too difficult (without over hacking the code
> that creates the documentation) to introduce schema:name as extra triple(s)
> in the Type and property descriptions.  The display could then be enhanced
> with an extra column to display user-friendly names alongside the labels.
>
>  This introduces the further thought of adding the capability
> for recognising language tagging of strings for descriptions and
> these names, and thus the ability to build language specific, or
> selectable, versions of the Scema.org site.

Good ideas, Richard. I thought of adding a new schema.org property (along
schema:domainIncludes and schema:rangeIncludes), but re-using schema:name
sounds good too! I think the topic of translations has been brought on this
list before, and this would be a solution to address it (and would allow to
personalize any user interface based on schema.org as well into the user
preferred language).

Steph.

--
Steph.