Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

Kingsley,

I personally do not feel that schema:webid gives me the feeling or notion
of "communication".

How does schema:webid confer to you a synonymous meaning with the English
word "communication" as defined here:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/communication ?

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

> On 4/13/14 6:27 PM, Thad Guidry wrote:
>
>> Kingsley,
>>
>> Your not helping solve the problem we have at this moment.
>>
>> This is the problem that we are trying to solve.  We have a property for
>> describing a Thing's alternative identity online.  For that we use
>> "sameAs", everyone knows that.  Stop this madness.
>>
>> And your probably misunderstanding the problem.  Let me try it this way...
>>
>> You are assigned a task to teach a computer which of the following URI's
>> you can use to communicate with an entity, However, there are rules you
>> must abide by, which are that you can only use 1 Schema.org Type and only 1
>> Property from that Type:
>>
>> A: http://www.freebase.com/user/thadguidry
>>
>> and
>>
>> B: https://plus.google.com/+ThadGuidry
>>
>> where A does not allow communication with me...and B does allow
>> communication with me.
>>
>> The computer must know from a Schema.org property assignment of your
>> choice that B allows for communication with me.
>>
>> Which Schema.org Type and Property would you use for B and describe why
>> your answer would make simple sense to most Web Developers.
>>

> Here is the simple answer: schema:webid .
>
> Why? Because "identity" oriented relations infer (as per this case) that a
> sign signifies something. "sameAs" relations assert equivalence. "You" are
> not the same as the sign that signifies "You" .  You are != "Thad Guidry"
> that's a literal identifier that "signifies" or "denotes" the entity "You"
> i.e., the entity "You" is "denoted" or "signified" by the the literal sign
> "Thad Guidry" .
>
> Identification Documents like your passport, drivers license etc..,
> "Identify" you based on the claims (statements or triples) that constitute
> the aforementioned document in conjunction with verification and
> authentication processes and protocols.
>

> Please keep the tone civil. I am happy to make points in a debate towards
> clarity, but I really need it to be civil, please.
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder & CEO