Re: VisualArtwork

Hi

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Paul Watson
> <lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk
> <mailto:lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/04/14 16:37, Dan Scott wrote:
>
>         On Sun, Apr 06, 2014 at 08:09:01PM +0100, Dan Brickley wrote:
>
>         <snip>
>

>     I'll try to get a good example marked up and added to the wiki
>     using artEdition this weekend.
>
>     artEdition is definitely different from productID.
>
>     A quick example from the internet - for this Andy Warhol print:
>     http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANDY-WARHOL-DOLLAR-SIGN-RED-SIGNED-HAND-NUMBERED-2097-3000-LITHOGRAPH-/201051553410
>
>     The value of artEdition would be '3000' because it's an "edition
>     of 3000" - " or "limited edition of 3000", but the word "limited"
>     generally isn't used in fine art printmaking as any edition is by
>     definition limited.

As promised, I've posted 3 markup examples using RDFa to the wiki page
at https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/VisualArtwork

* the first is fairly straight-forward markup for a painting (by Magritte),
* the second shows multiple use of the "materials" property in a piece
of Installation Art (by Tracy Emin), and
* the third shows use of the "artEdition" property for an edition of
Linoprints (by Picasso).

Hope these are helpful.

Regards,

Paul