Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

I'm going to +1 Dan's first post on this thread, where he suggested reusing
sameAs for this purpose and not introducing a new top-level property.

sameAs already exists to allow linking to a reference page for an entity,
like its Wikipedia page, Freebase page, or website (DNS registry page). The
social sites motivating the 'hasAccount' proposal -- Facebook, Twitter, G+,
LinkedIn, etc. -- can equally be viewed as catalogs of entities. The issue
of who controls the data for that entity on the site is a slippery issue
that wouldn't be captured in the account vs. sameAs distinction anyway.

In fact, sameAs is actually clearer semantically than 'hasAccount':  an
organization like the BBC with many Twitter accounts might be tempted to
list all of them under 'hasAccount', whereas sameAs more clearly limits the
desired link to just the top-level account for the BBC as a whole. (Twitter
accounts for suborganizations of the BBC would be better modeled via sameAs
links from entities corresponding to those suborganizations.)

I don't see any particular semantic gain from { BBC hasAccount
twitter.com/BBC } compared to { BBC sameAs twitter.com/BBC }.

Whereas, I'm concerned that webmasters will become ever more confused when
they have to worry about hasAccount alongside the existing sameAs, url, and
@id on every single schema.org type.

My $0.02.
Justin