Re: Bibliography Annotations (WAS Re: Citation markup with Periodical proposal)

The connection between various entities that are part of a bibliography
entry such as between the article and the journal are the same like the
ones between  a product and its manufacturer.
I would not worry about that.
Again I would go very similar like bibtex.
Now, defining an entity  http://schema.org/Journal would define
necessary properties such as  journal numbers, volumes and so on.
So, may be the markup you look for is:

itemtype="http://www.schema.org/Journal">

-Adrian

--