Re: Schema.org site updates: Added RDFa and JSON-LD incoming properties

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 01:49:25PM +0100, Dan Brickley wrote:
>Just a heads up - we're just switching over to a new version of the
>schema.org site.
>
>First the good news! Examples are now shown in a tabbed format that
>gives us space to include RDFa and JSON-LD examples alongside the
>Microdata.

Fantastic!

> The per-type pages also now show incoming properties; for
>example, when browsing http://schema.org/Person you are now told that
>this type provides values for properties such as 'author',
>'reviewedBy', 'founder', 'spouse', 'director'.

I'm with Stéphane on this; like the idea, but maybe the implementation
could be tweaked to maintain the examples-front-and-centre approach that
schema.org has benefited from since its inception.

>The bad news is only temporary: There are a few glitches that we're
>working to fix asap. Firstly, the Acknowledgements section was not
>displaying. Also there seems to be an issue with properties from
>supertypes and the breadcrumbs hierarchy not showing. Investigating...

The HTML for the property tables is a bit twisted: there are instances
like the following which even the most gifted HTML5 parser will have
trouble with:

<tbody class=supertype<tr>
<th class=prop-nam' scope=row>

I also noticed that no 404 is returned for invalid URLs, like
http://schema.org/ohnoesss - just a 200 and a "No comments" page.

It would be nice to continue to have some indication of the version of
schema.org that is being documented and perhaps some metadata about when
the page was last updated.

Many thanks to the team responsible for this update, this is a big step
forward!