Re: Vehicles, and customizable products

Le 29 juil. 2013 à 10:42, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> a écrit :

> On Jul 27, 2013, at 9:29 AM, Francois-Paul Servant wrote:
>
>> It has not been completely easy to get a markup that gives what I want in Google's testing tool, but it turned out to be almost possible.
>>

> As a side-comment: I recommend debugging new, advanced markup proposals in Microdata syntax instead of RDFa, since I have experienced that the Google testing tool more reliably detects the most important entity type of a page in Microdata syntax than in RDFa.

Hmm, but RDFa is necessary if you want to use your own properties, isn't it?

I've noticed several problems with the testing tool. The worst being:
- it doesn't like URIs (if you say things about a given URI in 2 places of the page, it doesn't conflate the data)
- it doesn't take into account the "additional types" (neither with RDFa, nor with microdata)
- if doesn't like subtypes, even when they are defined in schema.org: one of my goals was to have a price in the "rich snippet". When saying that the thing that you describe is a Product, you get it. If you say that it is a ProductModel, you don't.

fps