Re: Update: VisualArtwork type proposed in May this year

On 7/28/13 5:50 AM, Paul Watson wrote:

> Tom - thanks for the advice. I've rewritten the definition of "edition"
> on the wiki which will hopefully make it more accessible outside the
> world of printmaking:
>
>     "The number of copies when multiple copies of a piece of artwork are
>     produced - e.g. for a limited edition of 20 prints, 'edition' refers
>     to the total number of copies (in this example "20"). "

Paul,

We already have "printEdition" (for newspapers) and "bookEdition" (for
books), so rather than use the generic term "edition" I would suggest
something like "artEdition." That fits the model, and doesn't suggest
that the "edition" under art is a general purpose one. Especially since
your definition specifies that it applies to artwork.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net