Re: schema.org 1.0b update

Hi Dan, all:

For a quick fix, you could take a few lines from the GoodRelations extension proposal. Of course, one would have to replace the old schema:domain/range properties by the new ones, so it would be:

"Syntax for Extension Proposals

schema.org can process extension proposals with a lot less effort if they are submitted in an RDFa-syntax following the syntax shown below:""

Example of a new type:

<!-- additional class from http://purl.org/goodrelations/ -->

<!-- additional property from http://purl.org/goodrelations/ -->

Martin

On Jul 24, 2013, at 6:56 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:

> On 24 July 2013 18:49, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You are right; there was another small fix. Instead of the
>>> experimental 'domain' and 'range' properties, it now uses
>>> http://schema.org/domainIncludes and http://schema.org/rangeIncludes
>
>> Oh boy, I'm sorry, but...
>>
>> Those 2 are going to get us in trouble quick, unless you also include at
>> least 1 simple example on each of those property descriptions, Dan.
>
> Yes, you're right - they need examples. I'll get examples attached to
> Property and Class initially. They're mostly for internal
> documentation purposes (since rdfs:range and rdfs:domain weren't quite
> right). Given this use, it's probably best to handle their
> documentation alongside an update to
> http://schema.org/docs/extension.html i.e. showing how extensions
> proposals can be made machine readable.
>
> Dan