Re: Redefine and reuse?

On 7/24/13 7:02 AM, Thad Guidry wrote:

> I would consider it to be an unwise choice to try to re-use or
> re-appropriate existing Schema.org Types and Properties that do not fit
> well into the special domains.  Re-use where it can be accomplished
> without redefining, 1st.  Then bring up potential sticking points with
> existing Schema.org Types and Properties for help from the community and
> then we can circle back to gain deeper insight into potential merges, etc.
>
> 1st and foremost... Do not work in a silo.  Instead, work with the
> community.
>
> I would like to see a draft of ALL the possible Properties that could be
> needed for Libraries (do not worry about GLAM yet) and put them up into
> the Wiki as a work in progress proposal.  That way we can all work together.

This is taking place in the schemaBibExtend wiki:

http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Main_Page

The main area of activity is in the "Vocabulary Proposals."

The email list is linked from here:

http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/

The discussion should probably take place there and on that list, rather
than here in public-vocabs. I invite you (and anyone else) to join us
there for the bibliography and library-specific discussion.
Well-formulated proposals can then be brought to this list.

kc

--
Karen Coyle