Re: geo property removed from PostalAddress?

Hi Cosmin,
thanks - Wayback machine confirms what you say:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130101105606/http://schema.org/PostalAddress

;-)

The reason why I assume that was that the validator did not complain yesterday since it did not properly recognize the type of the item and tolerated the additional property for an untyped entity.

But the second part of my post still remains open: A (slightly different) geo property for PostalAddress may be useful so that site-owners can help a search engine with the translation of an address to a point or polygon.

A pragmatic choice would be to add geo to the properties for PostalAddress like

	property 	range				description
	geo 		GeoCoordinates or GeoShape	The geo coordinates of the place or PostalAddress.

and take into account the fact that it has a slightly different meaning than when attached to another type.

Alternatively, one could add a new property "geocoding" which links from a PostalAddress to its preferred translation into a geo-position.

Martin