RE: vocabularies for parliamentary proceedings

Thank you everybody for the suggestions!

I would like to clarify better what kind of data I aim to describe in RDF. I have proceedings documents which are essentially written notes from the parliamentary meetings. In a nutshell, they are documented speeches of members of the parliament. Since all parliamentary meetings have quite strict structure, the proceedings documents implicitly reflect this structure. For example, each meeting has topics (discussed in the meeting); speeches are held at the meeting; the name of the speaker (member of the parliament) is recorded together with her affiliation; the verbal content of the speeches are held within small paragraphs. There are other structural elements like scenes and stage directions. All these structural elements were already extracted from the proceedings by the PoliticalMashup project [2]. So, what we want to do now is really "the next step": explicitly define semantics of these elements and publish the Dutch proceedings as Linked Data.

@Bernard Indeed, with the LOV service, I found quite a few vocabularies to represent governmental data. But most of them provide means to encode different kinds of governmental organizations/agencies (like the Federal Enterprise Architecture Vocabulary [1] ). For now, they will be suitable just for a small bit of my data: political party and a member of the parliament.

There are several vocabularies/ontologies that define the class Proceedings. However, most of they defined specific proceedings, e.g., proceedings of a conference [3], [4], [5], [6]. The Bibliographic Ontology [7] is the one that defines a generic class of proceedings which I can reuse for my purposes. However, I still have to define the rest of the concepts.

@Dan I was not aware of this proposal. The project is definitely similar to PoliticalMashup which data I aim to publish as Linked Data. The effort related to the Italian parliament could be interesting for me as well.

@Bernadette Yes, I am looking for the Linked Data vocabularies about parliamentary proceedings. Thank you for the link to the working group! I will have a closer look at it.

@Pierre Thanks for the hidden resources. They look interesting indeed! I will have a closer look at them. Yes, the SALT vocabulary can be an option if I want to be very generic...

[1] http://vocab.data.gov/def/fea#
[2] http://politicalmashup.nl/