From: Mo McRoberts [mailto:Mo.McRoberts@bbc.co.uk]
Sent: 19 February 2013 15:07
To: LeVan,Ralph
Cc: Ed Summers; Wallis,Richard; Michael Hopwood; Dawson, Laura; Martin Hepp; Thad Guidry; Web Schemas TF; Gregg Kellogg
Subject: Re: FictionalThing proposal added to Web Schemas wiki

As I understand it, the BBC's internal archive classification scheme wrestled with precisely this issue - in the end it settled on 'people', 'fictional people' and 'religious entities', with some fairly clear guidelines about what to do if there was doubt about which of latter two somewhere should sit (and all three were considered mutually exclusive). At least then the consumer of the data can deal with the information as it sees fit.