Re: FictionalThing proposal added to Web Schemas wiki

Without having followed the entire thread, I am kind of skeptical as to whether there is a sufficiently general and shared definition of what a "FictionalThing" is.

It very often depends on context (in particular temporal context), subjective judgment, etc. And we as humans may be unable to tell from our perception whether something is fictional or real. Think of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bielefeld_Conspiracy

Squeezing these subtleties into a binary type decision may lead to a dead end.

Martin

On Feb 15, 2013, at 4:57 PM, Dawson, Laura wrote:

> Thank you, Thad - one step closer to my dream of marking up Sherlock Holmes stories with RDF. :)
>
> From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
> To: Richard Wallis <richard.wallis@oclc.org>
> Cc: Web Schemas TF <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
> Subject: Re: FictionalThing proposal added to Web Schemas wiki
>
> Thanks Richard!
>
> I've added some comments to the discussion page, and encourage others to begin doing so as well.
>

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Richard Wallis <richard.wallis@oclc.org> wrote:
>> Following on from discussions here a couple of months back, I have finally added a proposal for the FictionalThing type to the wiki <http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/FictionalThing> and listed it in the Brainstorming, Use Cases and Advance Notice section of the proposals page.
>>
>> ~Richard.
>>
>> --
>> Richard Wallis
>> Technology Evangelist