Re: Proposal for new type : Vocabulary

I thought that was the whole idea behind a "namespace"... a reserved
keyword for the vocabulary ?  (that is produced or definedBy an authority ?)

You need both to make some sense of it all, at times.... a namespace and an
authority who defines it and maintains the vocabulary contained within it.

But it sounds like your asking for something concrete, "link instances"
.... which I am trying to understand but ...ugh... "oncoming Topic
class"... hmm..

Bernard, can you give a quick example ?

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Bernard Vatant
<bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>wrote:

> Dear all
>
> We're considering adding schema.org markup at lov.okfn.org, and in
> particular in vocabulary description pages, such as
> http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/details/vocabulary_schema.html.
>
> We can now put each vocabulary in the broad CreativeWork type, but what
> about a more specific "Vocabulary" type, which could be used by any kind of
> reference vocabulary : glossaries, classifications, ontologies, concept
> schemes, subject headings, authorities ...
>
> An extra would be to have a "definedBy" property to link instances of the
> oncoming Topic class to an instance of Vocabulary.
>
> How does that sound?
>
> --
>
> *Bernard Vatant*
> Vocabularies & Data Engineering