Re: Where are proposed extensions announced? (e.g. historical data)

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2012, at 21:31, Tom Morris <tfmorris@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In looking at the table of proposed extensions that Dan posted a link to, I noticed a proposed extension for historical data.  That kind of surprised me since it's an area that I'm interested in and I thought I would have remembered an announcement about someone working on that kind of extension.
>>
>> Did I miss the announcement here or is there another list that I should be following instead?
>>
>> This effort seems pretty advanced since it's been underway for six months and was "launched" with an announcement by the Mormons in the keynote at their RootsTech conference a month ago, so perhaps it's all a fait accompli at this point, but I'd like to make sure that I don't miss similar future efforts.
>
> I should take responsibility for lack of communication there. I don't think it's a fait accompli, and hopefully the table ensures more transparency for the future.

Thanks Dan.  I'll put it on the list to review.

The table is a great summary, but even with it available, I still
think it would be worth a note to the email list when there's a
significant addition or change.

As the number of these extensions increases, so does the amount of
overlap among them, so there's a real need for review by others
besides just the proposers.

Tom