Re: schema.org/sameThingAs proposal

On 6/22/12 4:41 PM, Jason Douglas wrote:
> Which of those corresponds to the "same real-world entity"?  I guess I
> could see Thing/equivalentThing as an alternative name.

Great question! That's the eternal problem. Two real-world entities (in
the eyes of a beholder) might be perceived to be the same by virtue of:

1. their names (denotation)
2. their content
3. some other nebulous basis.

In my world view, I would identify equivalents based on their names, as
long as my name choices are unambiguous in my realm of perception. Thus,
when the Web is the medium, Hyperlinks (URIs) serve as a cost-effective
mechanism for achieving my goals.

Kingsley