Re: Premium Video Content Markup

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback on the first two cases.  A few thoughts...

Both Offer and PriceSpecification have the fields validFrom and
validThrough.  Is there a reason to allow it to be specified in both
places?  If so, what's the interpretation when the dates don't agree?

We need to relate the VideoObject, the Thing (TV/Movie) and the offers.
 VideoObject has important information like geo restrictions, etc. We would
like to maintain consistency with the predominant use case of non-premium
content videos, so moving the restrict information into offer or product
would be suboptimal.  To link the three we could take the second Movie
object in your example and change it to a VideoObject.  It looks like your
example adapts well since the essential properties are those of the Product
type and not of the Movie type.

The one issue not addressed by this model is how to distinguish the full
content from trailers, clips, interviews, reviews, etc.  These aren't
typically products but if you have any insight I'd be glad to hear them.

Here's what the anotations might loook like.

<!-- Movie -->

     itemid="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325980/">
   <link itemprop="type" href="http://schema.org/ProductModel" />
  <h1 itemprop="name">Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides
(2011)</h1>

<!-- Video -->

   <link itemprop="type" href="http://schema.org/SomeItems" />
  <h2>Video: <span itemprop="name">Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger
Tides (2011)</span></h2>
/>
http://www.example.com/videoplayer.swf?video=123" />
  <object ...>
    <param ...>
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" ...>
  </object>

  <link itemprop=”offer” href=”#buyoffer” />
  <link itemprop=”offer” href=”#rentoffer” />
  <link itemprop=”offer” href=”#subscribeoffer” />
  <link itemprop=”offer” href=”#bundleoffer” />

  <a itemprop "hasMakeAndModel"
href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325980/">More
information on imdb.com</a>

<!-- Offers -->

                   itemtype="http://schema.org/UnitPriceSpecification">
    Buy for $<span itemprop="price">9.99</span>
    <time itemprop="validThrough" datetime="2012-12-31T23:59:59Z"></time>

  Rent for <span itemprop="price">$3.99</span> <span
itemprop=”priceCurrency”>USD</span>
  <link itemprop="businessFunction" href=”http://schema.org/LeaseOut” />

  Subscribe for <span itemprop="price">$19.99</span>
  TBD...

  Buy season 2 for <span itemprop="price">$39.99</span>
  TBD...

Best,
Paul

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:24 AM, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org