Re: currentModel attribute for /Product

I think there is a misunderstanding here: While it is *desirable* that an HTTP URI returns a representation when tried with a HTTP GET method, the role as a unique identifier *does not break* if the inventor of the URI goes bankrupt and stops serving representations from that URI.

On Jul 28, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Dave Caroline wrote:

> I can see a glaring hole in the URI as a unique identifier
>
> If large corp creates a product and defines the uri as
> http:uri.largecorp.com/steamenginetype1
>
> Sells a million but goes bust a while later what of the id
> we now have a dead link breaking the chain

We only have a dead link for browsers, but the link is not dead for building a graph of statements.

Best
Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group