Re: Comment versus UserComments

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 7:14 PM, Daniel Dulitz <daniel@google.com> wrote:

> I wanted to raise an issue about how to represent comments (e.g. on blog
> posts).
>
> There are many subtypes of CreativeWork, but Comment is not one of them.
> Perhaps it should be?
>
> Instead, it seems like comments are to be represented by UserComments,
> which is a subtype of UserInteractions. But apart from UserComments those
> types appear to be for aggregates, not for an individual
> comment/tweet/like/etc. The type names are plural and don't really fit for
> non-aggregates.

I agree that Comment would be a relevant type to be added to schema.org.
There was a similar discussion on the previous mailing list where this
topic was discussed, in particular the confusion around markup of the
aggregates. I'm pasting some of the conversation below. See also the
whole http://schema.org/UserInteraction
inconsistency problems
thread<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/schemaorg-discussion/N7u4Z8356Ao/JIiFO0WWNF4J>
.

Note that since its launch in January 2011, Drupal 7 exposes each
individual comment and the aggregate number of comments in RDFa using the
SIOC vocabulary, so I'd love to see a schema.org equivalent for both
individual comments and the aggregate number of comments for a given (blog)
post.

Steph.