Re: W3C error due to Schema.org tags

Hi Sandeep,
for e-commerce sites, a way to add rich product and price meta-data in a way friendly to search engines and compliant with W3C standards is http://purl.org/goodrelations/.

GoodRelations can be used in RDFa or Microdata syntax. The RDFa markup will validate in both XHTML and HTML5 if you set the DOCTYPE and version attribute properly, see:

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Quickstart#Updating_the_XHTML.2FHTML_Page_Header

See also

    http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/1187/can-i-use-the-html5-doctype-with-rdfa

A recipe for GoodRelations markup is here

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Quickstart

Free extensions for Magento, Prestashop and other packages are here

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Shop_extensions

Best

Martin

On Jan 14, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Sandeep wrote:

> Hello Greeting,
>
> I am using schema.org for my each website. Today I am facing a problem while I go to check W3C validation for my site. I usually add schema.org in div or other tags and also check them with W3C local validation. But now I am getting en errors due to schema.org tags, “itemscope”, “itemtype=http://schema.org/”, “itemprop”. The errors I am facing with each tag of schema are below. Please make sure what the wrong with this? Are the schema.org tags not more valuable or supported by html5. I am using HTML 5 for my web page…. I pasted the screen shot of errors that I am receiving
>
> <image001.jpg>
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Sandeep Kumar
> Seo Executive
> B-1274, Shastri Nagar
> New Delhi (India), Pin - 110052
> Visit Us: http://www.bluenetvista.com
> Email ID: - bluenet_emp26@benext.in
> Skype ID:- bluenet_emp26
> Mobile :- +919811736186
> CONFIDENTIALITY INFORMATION AND DISCLAIMER "This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be accessed by anyone who is not the original intended reciient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. You are hereby, notified that any misuse, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the e-mail in any whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org