Re: Extending Schema.org

Hi Adrian,
as far as I understand, the extension mechanism you mention is for *proprietary* extensions by single sites or small communities so that they can mark up their pages with additional elements while still serving the more general schema.org terms.

The extensions moderated by Dan Brickley are all *official extensions* that are being *added* to schema.org and will then be part of the official schema.org spec.

Martin

On Jul 31, 2012, at 2:20 PM, Adrian wrote:

> During the last months a number of vocabulary updates were performed. I noticed that the new classes and properties  were added to Schema but not following the extension mechanism http://www.schema.org/docs/extension.html
>
> Is this extension mechanism still recommended?
>
> --
> -Adrian

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group