Re: Distance

Hi Jim:

This is actually pretty simple by combining schema.org and GoodRelations elements.

For instance, you can model

- quantity discounts: 2 USD per piece 0 ... 3, 1.50 USD 4+ packages
- price increments: 0.01 USD per second, charged in units of 60 seconds
- regional eligibility: 2 USD in California, 2.30 USD in Florida
- temporal / seasonal constaints: regular price 2 USD, but reduced prices for bookings between 10.00 p.m. and 4.00 a.m.
- discounts for particular audiences (public institutions, military personnel, students; age restrictions are also possible here)
- rental rates (e.g. 25 USD / day plus 1 USD per mile), individually for any car type available

To get a flavor, the following page gives examples, albeit just in RDFa and Turtle syntax.

   http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelationsPricing

When you want to combine those with http://schema.org/Offer, you need to use the following pattern:

# Table salt for $ 4 / kg, charged in units of 100 grams
  <link itemprop="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasBusinessFunction"
        href="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#Sell" />
  Price: <div itemprop="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasPriceSpecification" itemscope
       itemtype="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#UnitPriceSpecification">
<!-- other offer properties follow here -->

As for inventory levels per location, that is immediately possible by combining schema.org with

   http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasInventoryLevel
and
   http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#availableAtOrFrom

If you want, I can offer you modeling assistance; just drop me a personal e-mail.

Best wishes

Martin Hepp