Re: Process for proposing extensions?

Others correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen this is as good a place as any to propose extensions (though to date most discussions have focused on proposing new types, rather than extensions).

There is, of course, nothing preventing you from going ahead and just extending schema.org itself...
http://schema.org/docs/extension.html
How effective is this? "Extensions that gain significant adoption on the web may be moved into
the core schema.org vocabulary, so that search engines can provide more
functionality based on better understanding of the structured data"

I'd love to see some sort of warehousing of extensions that have been created (perhaps along the line of Michael Hausenblas's schema.org example repository).  While it's great that the extension mechanism for schema.org is so unconstrained, were we to see more extensions (then we are now) it's quite likely that we'd see extensions created for the same purposes, but with variant vocabularies.