From: danbri2011@danbri.org [mailto:danbri2011@danbri.org] On Behalf Of Dan Brickley
Sent: vendredi, 21. octobre 2011 17:18
To: public-vocabs
Cc: Evain, Jean-Pierre; yves Raimond
Subject: Schema.org TV vocabulary - opening discussion

A few of us have been discussing informally some possibilities for
improving Schema.org's description of TV.

I have put some notes in our Wiki at http://www.w3.org/wiki/SchemaDotOrgTV

Excerpting briefly,

"'"At launch, Schema.org contained basic vocabulary for describing
TV-related entities.

TVEpisode: director, actors, producer, trailer, productionCompany,
partOfTVSeries, partOfSeason, episodeNumber, musicBy
TVSeason: trailer, episodes, partOfTVSeries, seasonNumber,
numberOfEpisodes, startDate, endDate
TVSeries: director, actors, producer, trailer, productionCompany,
episodes, seasons, numberOfEpisodes, musicBy, startDate, endDate
Movie: duration, director, actors, producer, trailer, productionCompany, musicBy
This captures a lot of existing structured data available in the
consumer-facing Web. However it is missing some pieces that are
already available in structured data form."""

This is a good start, but there are various other things to be said
about TV episodes, series/seasons (plus some internationalisation
issues on terminology). Talking with Jean-Pierre and Yves confirms my
suspicion that there is useful work to be done here.

The Wiki does not capture the entire picture but hopefully is enough
to get discussions started. For example, how best to describe
broadcasts, availabilities, segments/tracklists; where we want to keep
track not only of when something is available, but also the
country/territory in which it is being made available. This is a very
common situation in online TV, since broadcast rights are partitioned
by geography, even while the metadata is available globally...

cheers,

Dan