Re: RDFa 1.1 Lite

Hi Manu, all,

Great blog post! I like the simple use case + snippets.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Manu,
>
> thanks a lot. This makes it clearer. Actually... much clearer.
>
> The question is: is there a need, in your view and based on the
> discussions: to 'formally' define RDFa 1.1 Lite as some sort of a 'profile'
> (oops, I used this ugly term again:-) of RDF 1.1? To formally define some
> sort of a conformance criteria for processors?

+1. I think this would help people to build processors faster and just label
it as RDFa Lite, without having to implement the full RDFa spec.

> With all my love to your blog page:-), it would be good to have that
> documented somewhere, probably on the W3C site...
>
> Also: does RDFa 1.1 Lite include the initial context? Ie, the default
> prefixes and terms?

I don't see why this could not be included. It would have simplified the
latest example of your blog post for example, in other words, in many cases,
@prefix does not have to be used (unless you are using custom vocabularies).

I understand though that you needed a use case for demoing @prefix, but I'm
not even sure @prefix needs to be part of RDFa 1.1 Lite? (or at least not
advertised as much, provided it includes the core default profile).

Steph.