Re: URIs for properties at schema.org

On a related note, I've experienced and observed some confusion about the
scope of property definitions as defined in the English spec.  It's clear
from looking at the OWL source [1] that all of the existing schema.org types
that include, e.g., "duration", are really all talking about a common
property "http://schema.org/duration".  But that's not as clear from the web
site text.

I think there's an implied promise that all schema.org properties are in a
single global schema.org namespace now and in the future, and that any
schema.org extensions will honor that [2].  Being able to rely on this would
help me simplify certain schema.org specific code a bit.  Based on this
thread and other discussions I'm going to go ahead and assume this property.
 It would be good to document it officially too.

John Panzer

[1] http://schema.org/docs/schemaorg.owl
[2] Of course non-schema.org microdata entities can exist and won't follow
these rules; I'm just trying to document what comprises a well defined
schema.org extension.