Re: Answers on remaining questions

Le 25 août 2010 à 05:18, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a écrit :
> Q: “In Apache projects, there are various levels of responsibility that
> you can have based on reputation. In an Apache progress, for instance,
> you get committer privileges. Are there analogous privileges for a
> Community Group (e.g., write access to the spec, or distinct mailing
> lists where one is world readable but only writable by select people)?”

See also Mozilla policy about commit access
http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/commit-access-policy/

> Q: “Should we reuse the name "Interest" or "Incubator" instead of
> "Community?" Or is the rebranding useful (and the processes will be
> sufficiently different that it is worth the new name)?”
> I prefer Community in the first place.

When people see W3C and Group they think standardization work.
So Interest or Incubator are not that relevant unfortunately.
The visual branding of pages for an area of work may be improved something which is radically different from the usual W3C branding and/or another domain name.

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada