Agenda for 3 Sep [Was: Next new standards task force: Friday, 3 Sep...]

On 27 Aug 2010, at 2:05 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Based on the poll [1] the next new standards telcon will be Friday,
> 3 Sep at 11am ET for 90 minutes (that's 3pm UTC).
>
> The agenda will most certainly be to review the state of the
> proposal after my all-day discussion on 30 Aug with other task force
> heads, and subsequent edits.
>
> I will continue to edit the proposal in place based on your
> suggestions
> http://www.w3.org/2010/07/community

As a reminder, we meet tomorrow at 11am Boston time for 90 minutes.
Call info below. The agenda will be:

  - Review notes on IPR questions and ideas.
    http://www.w3.org/2010/07/community#ipr

    That section now includes:

     a) Some high level goals. I'd like your help sorting those out
and prioritizing
     b) Some ideas for a progression. I realize this task force does
not want to discuss those and will defer to the PSIG. However, I am
taking notes based on conversations and will share these ideas with
the PSIG along with the high-level goals. The PSIG's next
teleconference is 8 September and their agenda will be this proposal's
IPR portions.

  - Review current status of developer portal proposal
    http://www.w3.org/2010/07/community#portal

  - Review current status of infrastructure requirements:
    http://www.w3.org/2010/07/community#infrastructure

The part of the proposal that is weakest has to do with community
building:
  http://www.w3.org/2010/07/community#community

Philippe Le Hégaret's task force also has some community-building
ideas. I plan to talk with Philippe and hope that we can come up with
a single proposal; I'll get back to you after that discussion.

We are supposed to have (essentially) finalized our proposals by 20
September. If there are any areas of the proposal you think need
additional work, please make concrete suggestions (which I welcome).

I think the proposal is coming together nicely but I expect it will
continue to evolve (e.g., to include more detail such as cost
estimates).

  _ Ian

====
Bridge info: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Code: 63978
IRC: irc.w3.org:6665 #newstd