Re: PROPOSAL UPDATED: Incorporate the Veres One Non-Profit Foundation

On 08/10/2018 10:22 AM, Kaliya IDwoman wrote:
> Canada seems like the best option. They (the Canadians) are doing
> really good identity work too.

+1, agreed. The country has a fairly excellent track record wrt.
identity work, the government is progressive wrt. privacy. We know folks
in Canadian government that are friendly to what we're trying to do with
Veres One and it's also easier to travel there in person for the current
Maintainer (Digital Bazaar) if required to file paperwork, etc.

I'd go a step further and argue that Canada is probably better than
Switzerland and Estonia and may be the best permanent home.

Switzerland, while neutral and the home of many International
Non-Profits and NGOs, has a track record of also being linked to tax
evasion, money laundering, etc.

Estonia, while progressive wrt. digital identity and a part of the EU,
isn't well known for those things outside of the identity community.

So, +1 for Canada as the home of the Veres One Foundation.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches