Re: Securing Verifiable Credentials using JOSE and COSE is a W3C Candidate Recommendation (Call for implementations)

Are there any concerns from the W3C or the Verifiable Credentials Working
Group regarding the use of some of the YAML constructs from the OpenWallet
Foundation’s SD-JWT Reference Implementation
<https://github.com/openwallet-foundation-labs/sd-jwt-python> in the 'Securing
Verifiable Credentials using JOSE and COSE
<https://www.w3.org/TR/2024/CRD-vc-jose-cose-20240425/>' publication?
Specifically, these constructs appear in two examples* without attribution,
explanation or reference. Could this raise issues related to publication
process/procedure, intellectual property rights, or document clarity?

* these two examples:
https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-jose-cose/#example-a-simple-example-of-a-verifiable-credential-secured-with-sd-jwt
https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-jose-cose/#example-a-simple-example-of-a-verifiable-presentation-secured-with-sd-jwt

On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 5:17 AM Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> FYI the announcement to the AC members below; also:
>

> https://www.w3.org/news/2024/w3c-invites-implementations-of-securing-verifiable-credentials-using-jose-and-cose/
>
> Ivan
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *xueyuan <xueyuan@w3.org>
> *Subject: **Securing Verifiable Credentials using JOSE and COSE is a W3C
> Candidate Recommendation (Call for implementations)*
> *Date: *25 April 2024 at 08:43:30 GMT+2
> *To: *w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
>
> Dear Advisory Committee Representative,
> [This announcement will be forwarded to W3C group chairs]
>
> I am pleased to announce that the following document is a W3C Candidate
> Recommendation Snapshot:
>
>    Securing Verifiable Credentials using JOSE and COSE
>    https://www.w3.org/TR/2024/CR-vc-jose-cose-20240425/
>
> The approval and publication are in response to this transition request:
>    https://github.com/w3c/transitions/issues/599
>
> Please provide feedback by 2024-05-25 raising an issue on GitHub:
>    https://github.com/w3c/vc-jose-cose/
>
> Patent disclosures relevant to this specification may be found on the
> Verifiable Credentials Working Group's patent disclosure page in
> conformance with W3C policy:
>    https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/vc/ipr/
>
> This Call for Implementations follows section 6.3.7 "Transitioning to
> Candidate Recommendation" of the W3C Process Document:
>    https://www.w3.org/2023/Process-20231103/#transition-cr
>
> Thank you,
>
> For Philippe le HĂ©garet, W3C Strategy and Project Lead,
> Ivan Herman, VC WG Team Contact;
> Xueyuan Jia, W3C Marketing & Communications

> Quoting from:
> Securing Verifiable Credentials using JOSE and COSE
> W3C Candidate Recommendation Snapshot, 25 April 2024
>
> This version:
>    https://www.w3.org/TR/2024/CR-vc-jose-cose-20240425/
> Latest published version:
>    https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-jose-cose/
>
> Abstract:
> This specification defines how to secure credentials and presentations
> conforming to the Verifiable Credential data model with JSON Object
> Signing and Encryption (JOSE), Selective Disclosure for JWTs, and CBOR
> Object Signing and Encryption (COSE). This enables the Verifiable
> Credential data model to be implemented with standards for signing and
> encryption that are widely adopted.
>
> Status of this document:
> https://www.w3.org/TR/2024/CR-vc-jose-cose-20240425/#sotd
>

> ----
> Ivan Herman, W3C
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
> mobile: +33 6 52 46 00 43

distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have
computer. Thank you._