Re: Deprecation of termsOfUse in VCDM v2.0

Additional info wrt EUDI legal text: (what we call verifier trust model fall under the embedded disclosure policies)

In the context of the EUDIw, it is important to add that the “termsOfUse” clause could be an implementation of the Article 5a (5) :

European Digital Identity Wallets shall, in particular:

(e) in the case of the electronic attestation of attributes with embedded disclosure policies, implement the appropriate mechanism to inform the user that the relying party or the user of the European Digital Identity Wallet requesting that electronic attestation of attributes has the permission to access such attestation;

The final version of the legal text:

Regulation - EU - 2024/1183 - EN - EUR-Lex (europa.eu) <https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg/2024/1183/oj?locale=en>

BR, Alen