Re: Wrong information given at the WG Call yesterday

On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 11:43 AM Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>> Good to know that I'm not going insane (yet)...
>
> Instead, I was the one going insane…

:) ... and I expect to be there by the time we hit Proposed Rec. :P

> Does that mean "no normative changes to the specification"? If so, all
> of our specs will have suffered at least one normative change during
> CR1 (which is expected).
>
> No, I believe this means that there was no fundamental change in the direction of the specification. Say, we decide that the VCDM model should be (also) expressed in XML… that would be a new requirement.

Would changing the media type constitute a "fundamental change", or
refactoring the Controller Document stuff into a new spec? I expect
some of us might answer differently.

Not a big deal right now, and as long as the Editors make sure that
they are meticulous about tracking the sorts of changes we're making,
it'll make it easier to do the Transition Request even if we can't do
the automatic one. We can just plan for the worst case scenario and
try to minimize the CRs that we do.

IOW, "Let's not go into a CR2 on any document if we don't feel that we
are completely, 100% done with it?" <-- should that be our strategy?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://www.digitalbazaar.com/