Re: VCWG Meetings and VCDM CR

I don't believe this is in the spirit of making sure that everybody agrees to the actual text. It may be what you've done in the past. We've never done it in the TCs that I chair. We always make sure that everybody understands and agrees to the actual text. So I don't support this proposal

________________________________
From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2023 6:51:57 AM
To: ANTHONY J NADALIN <nadalin@prodigy.net>
Cc: Brent Zundel <brent.zundel@gmail.com>; public-vc-wg@w3.org <public-vc-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: VCWG Meetings and VCDM CR

On Sun, Nov 26, 2023 at 8:17 PM ANTHONY J NADALIN <nadalin@prodigy.net> wrote:
> I would be against these proposals until we actually see the text that's produced and actual updated documents. I don't see the need to push this before we actually see the text and agree upon that. Played in the pork

The "text that's produced" is the current snapshot + the pending PRs.
There might be a few last-minute PRs, and those being merged will be
subject to WG consensus.

The process proposed is typical of going to CR (and is what we've done
in the past in the WG): "We intend to publish what we have, plus the
PRs in the queue, plus anything else that is marked as pre-CR that we
can get consensus to publish."

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://www.digitalbazaar.com/