Re: Chairs' decision on VC-ACDC Proposal

This has been a recurring issue, point of contention and frustration on the calls and I am hoping to bring it to resolution so everyone can be happy and move forward with a clear understanding.

I gathered the following from IRC:

[12:00] <selfissued_> Per the Miami resolution, once there's a defined mapping from a format to the VC Data model, it's a VC.

[12:01] <PL-ASU> Kristina: Resolution in Miami said as long as there is a transformation back to a VC it complies with being a verified credential.

Would it be agreeable for this working group to say:

“Any external proof format can provide a transformation, uni or bidirectionally. Output from transformations MUST be conformant to this specification [Verifiable Credential Data Model 2.0]. Transformations can be registered with the vc-specs-dir and the outputs from transformations can be registered with the vc-test-suite“.

I chose this language with a view to if there is agreement, a pull request to update the vc dm specification, no work item required, all informative.

I think documenting this “somewhere“ at least informatively will answer continuing questions about external proofs, how can new (acdc/gordian/anoncreds) proofs be considered compliant with this specification. It removes the burden of every external proof having to be a work item.

Kind regards,
Kevin Griffin
Software Developer
kevin.griffin@gleif.org
+1 551 223-4337
GLEIF, 2500 Plaza 5, 25th Floor, Harborside Financial Center, Jersey City, NJ, 07311

GLEIF Americas a NJ Nonprofit Corporation
2500 Plaza 5, 25th Floor, Harborside Financial Center, Jersey City, NJ, 07311
Chairman of the Board: Stephan Wolf
Managing Director: Karla McKenna
NJ State Registration No.: 0450486330
LEI: 2549000PPU84GM83MG36
gleif.org

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly forbidden.