Re: An idea regarding "jws-2020"

It's really confusing that vc-jws
<https://transmute-industries.github.io/vc-jws/> and vc-jws-2020
<https://w3c.github.io/vc-jws-2020/> sound so similar, but are very
different things, so +1 to a naming discussion.

What I like about the quite recent vc-jws proposal is that it cleanly
separates the data model layer from the security layer, unlike the
commonly used vc-jwt which mixes the layers.

The downside of vc-jws as opposed to vc-jws-2020 is of course that it
only signs the JSON-LD document, not the RDF dataset behind it.

If a JSON-LD @context changes, then a vc-jws signature would still be
valid, even though the underlying data has changed, whereas a
vc-jws-2020 signature would not be valid anymore.

This difference probably has some special significance in relation to
the "default @vocab" proposal.
E.g. imagine a situation where some term is initially undefined in a
@context, and then later it gets defined.
In this situation, a vc-jws signature would remain valid, whereas a
vc-jws-2020 signature wouldn't.

Markus