Re: Suggest have a link to a list of implementations or a Wiki about them

On 5/23/22 8:08 AM, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> I suggest you have a link to a list of implementations or a Wiki about
> them on https://www.w3.org/2017/vc/WG/

Yes, this would be a good improvement to the VC WG website.

> I guess to https://w3c.github.io/vc-test-suite/implementations/

Unfortunately, that document is outdated at this point and implementations
have matured well beyond what was tested during the last iteration of the
VCWG. I expect much of that test suite to be replaced with a more advanced
test suite (that does weekly testing) in the next iteration of the VC2WG
(currently under charter review).

Some of us are currently refactoring the way Verifiable Credential testing is
done in the W3C Credentials Community Group. Here is a list of implementers
that conform to some basic level of the general structure of the new test suite:

https://github.com/w3c-ccg/vc-api-test-suite-implementations/tree/main/implementations

... however, those implementations don't include the stand-alone libraries
that are used (like vc-js).

I expect that we might have to hand curate the list for now (which is not
ideal), and then drive the list from the registered implementations (above) in
time.

Tim, I've raised an issue to track your request:

https://github.com/w3c/verifiable-credentials/issues/39

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://www.digitalbazaar.com/