Re: Regular meeting times

Dear all,

let me give some practical information on the calendaring system that you may find useful.

You can all get to your calendar items via your W3C User profile. The profile can be accessed via the URL:

	https://www.w3.org/users/myprofile/

which will automatically redirect you to

	https://www.w3.org/users/YOURID

(e.g., my profile is at https://www.w3.org/users/7382.

There is a entry on the left column leading to 'your' entries; you can also get to it directly via

	https://www.w3.org/users/myprofile/calendar

This page lists all the calendar entries that are relevant to you, through all the various group where you participate at W3C (and which use the system).

Some facts that are worth remembering

- If you click on the 'Export' button on your calendar page you have the choice of either downloading an ICS file for your calendar or subscribe to it via a personal, private link. I think the second option is really useful in case you use your own calendar systems like google, apple, or outlook: by setting to an automatic refresh the W3C calendar entries would automatically appear on your calendar, you do not have to do anything. (This is the approach I have taken).

- Each event entry has a tab for "More information", that includes the pointer to get to the zoom call and other possible information

- There is also the possibility to add the upcoming agenda as well as the pointer to the minutes. If we add these items regularly (it is a habit we will have to take) then we may want, in future, to forget about the separate emails that either the chair or I send out.

-  By default, the page gives you the future meetings. There is a "View past events" tab, through which you can easily get to the minutes of, say, the previous meeting

- Everyone gets on her/his mailbox, two notifications when a new entry is created (like the entries for the WG meetings a few minutes ago). One is the general notification for the WG as a whole, and the other is sent directly to you. If you look at the details you will realize that the latter also has the dial-in (ie, Zoom) information, whereas the former does not. This is intentional, because the Zoom data are confidential data. There is a "Preferences" tab on your calendar page which (at least for now) has one option, namely whether you want the group information in general or not.

This is all a bit new to all of us, but we hope that, on long term, this will be useful for all group participants.

Cheers

Ivan

> On 27 Aug 2021, at 17:08, Brent Zundel <brent.zundel@evernym.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings VCWG,
>
> The chairs would like to announce that for the time being we will be holding regular weekly meetings.
>
> We plan to alternate between meeting times that are friendly for all group participants:
> Europe/Americas: Wednesdays, 11am ET
> Asia/Americas: Wednesdays, 3pm ET
>
> We are also going to be using the new W3C calendaring tool [1]. The tool should enable participants to download calendar files for individually preferred calendar systems.
>
> Please let us know if you have questions or concerns.
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/vc/calendar <https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/vc/calendar>
>
> --
> Brent Zundel
> Co-chair VCWG