Re: New versions of Multibase and Multihash published

On 3/16/21 1:55 PM, Justin Richer wrote:
> I’ve been asked about the standardization state of these documents but
> couldn’t find a clear answer.

Hey Justin, answers below (hopefully)...

> Are these I-D’s associated with any IETF working group?

No, they're in the same limbo that http-signatures were... lots of people
using them, but no one volunteering to move them forward at IETF beyond an I-D.

I'm also waitng for someone that knows the right people at IETF, and there to
be some AD that cares about them, to pull it into a WG or independent stream.

> If not, are you seeking publication through the independent stream?

I'm personally just letting them mellow out there until we have enough people
suggesting that we need to take them through an official IETF process.

We also need a decent interop test suite for both specs... not difficult
thing, but work that needs to be done.

Why do you ask?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.