Re: Report on ISO mDL meeting

This is a bit of tangent, but might be helpful wrt to combining the use of
VCs and OIDC, and the handling of VC and JWTs.

Below is a link to instructions for running a simple demo of an Identity
Provider (IdP) for an OIDC IAM (Keycloak in this case, but it should work
with any IAM) that verifies VCs presented by a holder. The IdP is assumed
to be under the control of the RP (e.g. its ability to verify VCs is
trusted by the RP). The IdP receives requests for, and returns, an OIDC
token to the RP. When an OIDC token is needed based on a VC, the IdP
initiates an interaction with a Mobile Agent (using Hyperledger Aries in
this case) to request the presentation of claims from one (or more) VCs.

The demo takes about 5 minutes to run, including installation of an IOS
only (for now...more coming) Hyperledger Aries app from the App Store. Once
installed and configured (don't forget that step - setting up the right
network in the Mobile App), you request/receive a verifiable credential
from one service, and then you use the verifiable credential to get access
to an OIDC-protected service.  Note - this IdP is the work of BC Gov
(Canada, where I am) and MattrGlobal (New Zealand).  The IOS app is from
another, unaffiliated vendor (Streetcred.id), and there are a number of
other vendors building comparable apps. All nice and interoperable!

https://github.com/bcgov/vc-authn-oidc/blob/master/docs/DemoInstructions.md

There is a link to some slides at the end of the instructions with more
details on the implementation, and an open source repo that you can use to
deploy your own instance of the solution. We'd love to get feedback from
others that try this out with other IAMs (gluu, Forge Rock, etc.).

Enjoy!

--

Stephen Curran
Principal, Cloud Compass Computing, Inc. (C3I)

*Schedule a Meeting: **https://calendly.com/swcurran
<https://calendly.com/swcurran>*