Re: VOTE: "Identifier Registry" Renaming Poll

Unfortunately, the poll misfired for me.

The landing page didn't have any options and when I clicked on the vote
button--which I thought would take me to the list of options--it took me
to a "Thank you for voting!" page without the confirmation pop-up.
This was Google Chrome running on linux (Ubuntu 16.04). If I reload the
link in incognito mode, I could reproduce the page with no options.
Note that this problem didn't occur using Firefox on the same platform,
which is where I learned there is a confirmation pop-up.
Another minor issue: The adjective preference ordering can change
substantially based on the noun. For example, if "Service" is selected,
I would probably rank "NOUN (no adjective)" last because it is too
generic, but if the noun is "Registry", I kind of like that as a
singular term.
What I did was assume that my preferred noun won and then ordered the
adjectives. That ordering might align reasonably with the actual noun
winner, but it also might lead to some quirky selections. Just a
heads up to have some grace and keep an eye out for potential issues
like that.
-j

--
Joe Andrieu, PMP