From: Pantelis Katsukis <katsukis@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:12:24 +0100
Subject: DCCI Architecture
To: rhys@volantis.com

Hello,

my name is Pantelis Katsukis and I am currently working on a diploma
thesis about dynamic device descriptions at the Ludwig Maximilians
Univerisity in Munich (LMU).
I have read about the new standards DDR API, OMA DPE (or DCAP) and DCCI.
I have got one question regarding the architecture of DCCI and I hope
you can help me.

The architectures of the DDR API and the OMA DPE are publicly available.
I cannot find any document regarding the architecture of DCCI.
DCCI is accessing device information via Javascript, but how is the
information delivered from the device? Does the device provide an XML
file with the descriptions? Are specific JSRs nedded to access the
information?
And furthermore: Are the descriptions defined in the same ontology as
the OMA DPE ontology?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much and best regards,
Pantelis Katsukis