Re: Secure Chrome

I agree

-----Original Message-----
From: Dick Hardt <dick@sxip.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:11:45
To:Dan Schutzer <dan.schutzer@fstc.org>
Cc:"'Hallam-Baker, Phillip'" <pbaker@verisign.com>,       "'Jeffrey Altman'" <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com>,       "'George Staikos'" <staikos@kde.org>,       <public-usable-authentication@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Secure Chrome

One of the crowd pleasers of Microsoft's Infocard pitch is the secure
user experience. If you were to have Microsoft's Infocard show static
HTML rather then a fixed UI, it would seem that you would have Secure
Chrome. The user knows it is the their secure browser because it
initially shows a graphic secret shared between the user and the app.
The keyboard and screen are locked out to any other app to block
malware. Unfortunately the UI is fixed.

Microsoft did significant user experience research in designing
Infocard in order to stop phishing. It could be worthwhile to review
what they learned.

-- Dick