Re: Secure Metadata

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 13:49, Michael.Mccormick@wellsfargo.com wrote:
> RFC 3709 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3709.txt) defines an X.509
> extension that allows optional logographic images for community, issuer,
> and subject organizations.
>
> Say for example GM obtained web server SSL certificates from VeriSign
> for use within their supplier community.  The cert could display logos
> for GM, VeriSign, and the auto parts exchange (or any subset /
> combination thereof).

  Right... but the question is, do we fill the chrome with all of these
things? :-)  This is a lot of real-estate, it's a potential new phishing
vectors, and it's going to be really hard to remove one day when we decide
that problems 1 and 2 are too much to handle.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/