RE: Secure Chrome

Secure chrome and safe browser mode if designed properly would be an
extremely attractive option.

-----Original Message-----
From: public-usable-authentication-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-usable-authentication-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
Roessler
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 1:30 PM
To: public-usable-authentication@w3.org
Subject: Secure Chrome

Hello,

one of the topics that we believe to be likely candidates for
further work as an outcome of the workshop in New York -- and
that we solicit your feed-back on -- is Secure Chrome.

This kind of work would cover best practices in terms of what
sites should or should not be able to control in a browser's
user interface, and, possibly, a switching mechanism between a
rich and a safe browser mode, as discussed at various occasions
in New York.

To a certain extent, this is the flip side to the secure
metadata discussion: Secure display of metadata requires that
there are parts of the chrome that can't otherwise be written
to, and that can't be hidden easily.

Now, let the discussions begin...

Regards,
--