Re: Folding the Trust CG into RWW CG

[+ public-council@w3.org for the archive and documentation]

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 11:40:42 +0200, Melvin Carvalho
<melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 September 2012 21:27, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:09:49 +0200, Melvin Carvalho <
>> melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  I've spoken to Dominik Tomaszuk about the possibility of folding work
>> on
>>> trust from unctsw (Uncertainty and Trust in the Semantic Web) into the
>>> read-write web group.
>>>
>>> The reason is that the CG has fallen inactive (no chair, no posts in
>>> the
>>> last 6 months).  In fact the only 2 messages on the mailing list to
>>> date
>>> have been Coralie asking for a chair to be picked and the wiki is
>>> empty.
>>>
>>> So far I've had two +1s (dominik and rszeno) for folding unctsw into
>>> RWW.
>>> I do also think that trust will become an important topic for the RWW
>>> as
>>> things mature, so a +1 also from me.
>>>
>>> Given that the other CG is inactive, I suspect conversation will be
>>> light,
>>> and if things pick up significantly we can always split conversation
>>> out
>>> into its own group.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if there's any objections to this, happy to consider
>>> alternatives.
>>>

>> Hi Melvin
>>
>> We can work things out the way you describe. Please, just let me know
>> when
>> you're ready.
>>

> Coralie, sounds great.  Please let me know if there's anything you need
> from me.

Hi Melvin, all,

Here's the procedure we came up with. Let's use "target CG" to refer to
rww CG, and "source CG" to refer to unctsw CG in this case:

  * Everyone not yet in the target CG will need to join it.
  * If the target CG wants to take up the source CG's specification, they
can, but:
    a) If they've published in the reports database, we'll want to make
some adjustments about who
        own the report.
    b) We'll need contributors to the original specification to re-assert
their commitment in the new group. A simple
        email will do.
  * We can close the source CG and leave some pointers that it's moved to
the target CG.

It doesn't appear that unctsw CG has worked on any specification. If that
is correct, only items 1 and 3 above apply.

Participants of the unctsw CG need to join rww CG:
   https://www.w3.org/community/rww/join

There are 23 participants, 14 of whom are apparently already members of
rww CG (internal ref:
<https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/overlap?ids%5B48702%5D=on&ids%5B48594%5D=on>):

Kingsley Idehen (OpenLink Software Inc.)
Daniel Renfer (Daniel Renfer)
Ted Thibodeau (OpenLink Software Inc.)
Melvin Carvalho (Melvin Carvalho)
Dominik Tomaszuk (Dominik Tomaszuk)
Pavlik elf (Pavlik elf)
Markus Sabadello (Markus Sabadello)
Roger Macdonald (Roger Macdonald)
Julia Anaya (Julia Anaya)
Raanan Avidor (Raanan Avidor)
zeno ruset (zeno ruset)
Jonas Smedegaard (Jonas Smedegaard)
Ivan Herman (Ivan Herman)
Henry Story (The Apache Software Foundation)

We can close unctsw CG at the end of October (or sooner, as appropriate).

The description of rww CG should be updated to reflect this change. The
current description reads:
[[
Focus on Read-Write aspect of the WWW via use of WebID protocol and ACLs.
]]

Let me know what to replace it with. Let me know if you feel it does NOT
need to be replaced. If this is the case I invite the chair of RWW CG to
blog about the change.

Does this plan work for people?

Coralie

--
   Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
      W3C/ERCIM - B219 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR