Re: Thoughts on the TVTuner class in the source-centric API

Hi Steve,

Am 07.12.2016 um 09:58 schrieb Steven Morris:

> [...]

Fine with me.

>> * DVB-? and DVB-?2 are currently different source types and a source can
>> have only one type. I wonder if it would make sense to allow that a
>> source has multiple types like DVB-S and DVB-S2, which are both used in
>> a single broadcast network.
>
> Good question: I was assuming that DVB-S2 implied support for DVB-S as well (and the same for T2 and C2).  Supporting multiple source types is also a possibility, though: I don't think it would affect the overall shape of the API very much.

That S2 implies S was not obvious, I thought these properties are either
one or the other.

Kind regards,
Michael

--
Michael Probst
Platforms for Broadcast Services

Institut fuer Rundfunktechnik GmbH
Research and Development Institute of ARD, ZDF, DRadio, ORF and SRG/SSR
Floriansmuehlstraße 60, 80939 Muenchen, Germany
registration court Munich Commercial, Register No. B 5191
Managing Director: Dr. Klaus Illgner-Fehns