RE: Creation of the TV Control Working Group

Hi all,

Thank you Francois. As mentioned, the first conference call of the new TV Control Working Group will be held on Tuesday 3rd May 2016 at 13:00 UTC (See [1] for your local time). The current Community Group meeting schedule is here [2].

The call on 3rd May will be a joint meeting between the new Working Group and the TV Control Community Group. I will post an agenda later this week.

In the meantime, I would like to echo Francois' invitation and recommend that current CG participants, as well as anyone else interested in this topic, join the Working Group.

I look forward to speaking to you next Tuesday!

Thanks,

Chris (WG Chair)

[1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=TV-Control-API&iso=20160503T13&ah=1
[2] https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki/Main_Page#Meeting_Agenda_and_Minutes

From: Francois Daoust [fd@w3.org]
Sent: 20 April 2016 17:14
To: public-tvapi@w3.org
Cc: public-tvcontrol@w3.org
Subject: Creation of the TV Control Working Group

Dear participants of the TV Control API Community Group,

I am pleased to announce that the TV Control Working Group has officially been created yesterday!

The Working Group's home page [1] contains a number of links, including a link to the charter [2] and the form to use to join the group [3] (member-only link). Chris Needham will chair the Working Group. I will be the happy staff contact.

I would like to invite all people interested to join the Working Group. Note that you will have to get in touch with your Advisory Committee Representative (AC Rep) to do so, as he/she is the only one who can nominate you to the group.

The Working Group will start from the current version of the TV Control API specification, so the actual work does not really change in practice. However, please note that Working Group discussions should take place on the official Working Group's mailing-list (public-tvcontrol@w3.org), archived at [4]. Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to that mailing-list.

While things settle down, I suggest to cross-post the first few emails to both the public-tvapi@w3.org and the public-tvcontrol@w3.org (as I did for this email), to ensure no one misses anything.

We should discuss process, logistics issues, the future of the Community Group, etc. during the upcoming CG/WG call on Tuesday 3 May 2016. Chris should send an agenda a few days before the call. Feel free to use the mailing-list(s) in the meantime (or to get in touch with me!) to raise questions, concerns, or simply to continue the work on the spec!

Thanks,
Francois.

[1] https://www.w3.org/2016/tvcontrol/
[2] https://www.w3.org/2016/03/tvcontrol.html