Playing the channel from TVTuner

From: Paul Higgs <paul.higgs@ericsson.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:07:43 +0000
To: "public-tvapi@w3.org" <public-tvapi@w3.org>
Hi

Looking at the TV Control API specification [1] I am left wondering how these "connect" at an application level.

I expect that we will be using an HTML5 video element [2] to present the tuned channel and will interact with that presentation via some "TV Application"

As far as I can see, the TVTuner.stream  is of type MediaStream (defined in [3]) but the src attribute of the HTML5  <video> element is a URL. In MSE [4] there is a createObjectURL() defined for MediaSource, but I do not see anything equivalent in MediaStream.

Could someone provide some sample JavaScript for connecting an HTML5 <video> element to the TVTuner?

[1] http://w3c.github.io/tvapi/spec/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/single-page.html#the-video-element
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/media-source/#methods-4

PAUL HIGGS
Technical Solutions Manager
Ericsson Inc

Ericsson
6 Concourse Parkway, suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30328, United States of America
Phone +1 (650) 580-1731
paul.higgs@ericsson.com
www.ericsson.com

Legal entity: Ericsson AB, registered office in Kista, Sweden. This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer<http://www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer>

image001.gif
(image/gif attachment: image001.gif)

image002.gif
(image/gif attachment: image002.gif)