W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tvapi@w3.org > July 2015

[Minutes] TV Control API CG meeting, July 7, 2015

From: Daniel Davis <ddavis@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 23:20:00 +0900
Message-ID: <559BE010.4010305@w3.org>
To: "public-tvapi@w3.org" <public-tvapi@w3.org>
Hello all,

Here are the minutes from today's TV Control API CG call:
http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html

and pasted in full below. Thank you to Chris for scribing.

With regards,
Daniel Davis

============

                     TV Control API Community Group

07 Jul 2015

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Sean, Chris, Bin, Paul, Sung_Hei, ddavis

   Regrets
   Chair
          Bin_Hu

   Scribe
          Chris

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Review of open action items
         2. [5]Conditional access systems
         3. [6]AOB
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> Scribe: Chris

   <scribe> ScribeNick: cpn

Review of open action items

   action-27?

   <trackbot> action-27 -- Bin Hu to Work on triggered interactive
   overlay requirements -- due 2015-02-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [8]http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/27

      [8] http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/27

   Bin: I see Sean has updated the draft spec

   Sean: I added to the TVTrigger interface, but there some
   trigger types that have payloads that only known privately

   Bin: Looking at the progress measurement page, do you think the
   requirement there are addressed in your update?

   Sean: I think so, yes

   <Bin_Hu>
   [9]https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki/Main_Page/Progress_M
   easurement

      [9]
https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki/Main_Page/Progress_Measurement

   Bin: Sean, could you update this page to show the current
   status of the triggered interactive overlay requirements
   please?

   Sean: Yes

   close action-27

   <trackbot> Closed action-27.

   action-30?

   <trackbot> action-30 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Skim the work done
   by the media pipeline tf and let this cg know -- due 2015-04-21
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/30

     [10] http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/30

   Bin: Has has sent an email on 30th June

   Chris: He's identified 11 requirements from the Media Pipeline
   TF that we should consider

   Bin: I think we should prioritise our own initial requirements
   and hold these for the next revision of our spec
   ... These new requirements could have an impact on our
   timescale
   ... So we should look at these when our spec is more stable,
   and when we have more bandwidth to look at them

   Chris: I'm happy to take a look at these before the next call

   <scribe> ACTION: Chris to look at the requirements from the
   Media Pipeline TF [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-36 - Look at the requirements from
   the media pipeline tf [on Chris Needham - due 2015-07-14].

   close action-30

   <trackbot> Closed action-30.

   action-32?

   <trackbot> action-32 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Add column to gap
   analysis/requirements table for genivi ideas -- due 2015-05-19
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/32

     [12] http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/32

   Bin: It looks like he's added the column, but it's empty
   ... OK, so lets wait to ask Kaz's view on this, so keep this
   action open for next time

   action-33?

   <trackbot> action-33 -- Paul Higgs to Send to the mailing list
   an initial list of changes to the tuner api -- due 2015-06-16
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/33

     [13] http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/33

   action-35?

   <trackbot> action-35 -- Paul Higgs to Add offline recording to
   the list of tuner api changes -- due 2015-06-16 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/35

     [14] http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/35

   Bin: It looks like Paul has completed actions 33 and 35

   Paul: I have done some analysis, yes

   close action-33

   <trackbot> Closed action-33.

   close action-35

   <trackbot> Closed action-35.

   Bin: And Sean has updated the spec based on Paul's analysis
   ... Sean, can you tell us about he follow-up improvements
   you're expecting about recording and timeshifting?

   Sean: I need some more time to look at this, and I'm not sure
   we have sufficient information to spec it at this time
   ... Are we confident that we have enough information to spec
   the timeshifting and recording, or are we planning to do more
   work to clarify these requirements?

   Bin: Is it possible to update the progress measurement table to
   show what we have so far?

   <scribe> ACTION: Sean to update the progress measurement table
   for recording, timeshifting, and triggered overlays [recorded
   in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-37 - Update the progress measurement
   table for recording, timeshifting, and triggered overlays [on
   Sean Lin - due 2015-07-14].

   Chris: Please ask on the mailing list about any questions
   regarding the timeshifting and recording, and we'll try to give
   more detail

   close action-34

   <trackbot> Closed action-34.

Conditional access systems

   Bin: I see Sung Hei has posted to the mailing list

   Sung Hei: In the last meeting, we discussed the W3C EME spec,
   and whether it would support our requirements

   scribe: This spec was focused on getting keys and decoding
   using these
   ... So it looks that EME has a different scope than our
   requirements
   ... I don't think EME is appropriate for the TV API as it
   stands
   ... I have looked at other CAS and DRM APIs, such as
   ANSI/CEA-2014-B and OIPF DAE
   ... They reference each other
   ... I've listed some of the APIs that we can consider, such as
   onDRMSystemStatusChange
   ... My goal was to list some of the APIs we can consider
   ... We could use the OIPF APIs as a basis

   Paul: Those APIs are there to support low-level decryption
   ... The work was originally done in OIPF then used by CEA
   ... The methods in the ANSI/CEA spec are also in OIPF
   ... The original CEA-2014-A defined a player, the video/mpeg,
   or the AV Control object
   ... There was nothing well-defined for playing video in the
   browser at the time
   ... The CEA-2014-B added DRM
   ... The OIPF references CEA-2014-A, for the presentation
   aspects
   ... but I haven't looked at CEA-2014-B myself

   Sung Hei: The OIPF DAE seems better defined, eg, some of the
   structure definitions

   scribe: Is it OK for us to use the OIPF DAE API?

   Chris: That's a good question

   Paul: Those specs were tied to a video player object, so we
   could try to tie those APIs to the Tuner object in our API

   Chris: There is an overlap between the TV Control API and the
   DAE, but I'm not sure how much of the DAE we can use

   Alex: How much of our requirements are satisfied by the DAE?

   Paul: It was discussed a while ago, whether to base our spec on
   the OIPF or to make our own spec
   ... As Chris points out, most of our requirements are covered
   by the OIPF

   Alex: But I think our aim is to do something more Web oriented

   Paul: I don't think there's much difference ultimately

   Alex: I agree
   ... It may make it easier for manufacturers to use existing
   specs

   Paul: I think there's enough information to create the spec
   text

   Bin: Sung Hei, what do you plan for the next stage?

   Sung Hei: I want to define the API using the functions I found,
   but information from broadcasters would be helpful

   <scribe> ACTION: Sung-Hei to propose an API spec for
   conditional access systems [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Error finding 'Sung-Hei'. You can review and
   register nicknames at
   <[17]http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/users>.

     [17] http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/users

   <scribe> ACTION: Sung Hei to propose an API spec for
   conditional access systems [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Error finding 'Sung'. You can review and register
   nicknames at
   <[19]http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/users>.

     [19] http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/users

   <scribe> ACTION: skim13 to propose an API spec for conditional
   access systems [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-38 - Propose an api spec for
   conditional access systems [on Sung Hei Kim - due 2015-07-14].

   Bin: Regarding parental control, I think to see what Sung Hei
   proposes for CAS before looking at this

   Sung Hei: These two are related, so the proposal may cover both

   Bin: As next steps, we have the new action items from today
   ... Hopefully we'll have a more stable spec my next meeting,
   with the aim of addressing the requirements by end of the year

AOB

   Chris: Are we planning to have a meeting at TPAC

   Bin: Last year we met as part of the Web & TV IG meeting

   Daniel: The plan for this year is similar to last year, and the
   meeting would be Monday 26th
   ... This is an opportunity for the CG to meet and report back
   to the Web and TV IG
   ... I'll let you know about logistics

   Bin: Let's discuss further during August

   Daniel: And we could gather ideas on the wiki

   <ddavis> Bye

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Chris to look at the requirements from the Media
   Pipeline TF [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sean to update the progress measurement table for
   recording, timeshifting, and triggered overlays [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: skim13 to propose an API spec for conditional
   access systems [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sung Hei to propose an API spec for conditional
   access systems [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sung-Hei to propose an API spec for conditional
   access systems [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2015/07/07-tvapi-minutes.html#action03]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________
Received on Tuesday, 7 July 2015 14:20:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:45:15 UTC